Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mommy Needs Another Workout

A few days ago, the boys and I were on our way home from the gym.

“Why do we spend so much time at the gym?” Hayden said.

“Because I like to work out, and it keeps me healthy, but more importantly it keeps my psyche balanced.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means it keeps me from yelling at you guys.”

At home a couple of hours later, Brandon asked me for the fifth time if he could put on his pajamas.

“Brandon! I’ve already told you four times you can put on your pajamas! Yes! Yes! Yes! You may put on your pajamas! Now stop asking!”

A quiet voice drifted from Hayden’s bedroom, “Mom, do you need another workout?”


*************************************************************

Hayden: Brandon made a friend at the rec center today.

Me: He did? Who is your new friend, Brandon?

Brandon: His name is Andrew. Andrew was wearing all the same stuff as me - except for my pants, shirt, and Crocs.

Me: That's all you had on, so what was the same?

Brandon: He had the same nose, feet, hands, arm pits, ears - just like me.

Me: Well no wonder you guys became friends.

Brandon: Yeah!




*********************************************************************

This past Sunday, Brandon walked into his Sunday School classroom and made a grand announcement to his classmates and teacher.

Brandon: Hey! It's my birthday today!

Teacher: Nuh Uh! What are you going to do today?

Brandon: Whatever I want to do. It's MY birthday!

***********************************************************************
We have lots of great conversations in the car. Today while I was driving to the library, I heard Hayden and Brandon discussing God and Jesus... uhm, sort of. :) Enjoy -

Hayden: God has lots of toys.

Brandon: Jesus has toys, too.

Hayden: Yeah. They have the most toys, but I think God has even more because he has ALL the toys.

Brandon: Yeah! Because He's God!

Hayden: I can't wait to die so I can play with all those toys.

Brandon: Yeah! Me, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment