Friday, April 24, 2009

A Season of Love, Joy, Mystery, and... Madness

I might be a bit of a blogaholic, but since I lost track of keeping up with writing about my adventures as a stay-at-home mom, I decided I'd give it a shot here since I seem to have no trouble keeping up with blogging. I have some fun things planned for this site, so check back often. So, you know why I'm starting this blog, but I'm sure you're wondering, what's up with the name or at least some of the name.

My Chronicles of Parenthood is pretty self explanatory. Chronicles because I love how it feels and sounds when I say it - I just like this word. I tried to steal the idea from C. S. Lewis and build off of Chronicles of Narnia, but when I tried to get a blog address, Chronicles of Parenthood was taken. So I kept with the "My" theme from my other blog, My Writing Loft. My Chronicles of Parenthood was not taken. Then it grew on me and now I actually prefer it - it is, afterall, MY chronicles, not chronicles in general.

The subheading, A Season of Love, Joy, Mystery, and... Madness, took a lot of work to get to - a couple of days really. It started out as Heart Tugs and Madness Mishaps. But, I really didn't like the definition of mishaps so this morphed into Heart Tugs and Moments of Madness, then Moments of Love and Moments of Madness, then Moments of Love, Fun, and Madness, and so on and so on until its transformation was complete at what you now see.

My blog will focus on love, joy, mystery, and madness in my posts. Love and joy, I assume, are self explanatory. Mystery may, for example, be something like me asking the boys, "who keeps peeing on the back of the toilet?" Hayden's response, "not me." Brandon's response, "not me." Michael's response, "don't look at me." Now I must solve the problem. Do you see the mystery here? :) Madness... well, this is another word I just really like and knew I would use, along with chronicles, in the heading somehow, but since Chronicles of Madness brought to mind an entirely different type of blog, I had to throw in a few other words to explain the concept. Here's dictionary.com's definition of madness:

1. the state of being mad; insanity.
2. senseless folly
3. frenzy; rage.
4. intense excitement or enthusiasm.

Yes! The perfect words to describe almost every single day of my experience of parenthood - love, joy, mystery, and madness. If you can think of another one I should throw in that isn't covered in one of these, let me know.

1 comments:

Mom (Nana) said...

If I had to guess at who is peeing on the back of the toilet... I would guess Michael. It could not be my precious grandsons...haha

Love Mom (Nana)

Post a Comment